Sälen boasts the largest alpine ski area in northern Europe, and is a dream destination for families who enjoy skiing. Choose between many different types of lodging and varied skiing.
SkiStar Sälen consists of four ski areas; Lindvallen, Högfjället, Tandådalen and Hundfjället, all of which offer extremely varied skiing with a total of 116 descents. There is also a wide variety of lodging with everything from a genuine lodge and hotel to cabins and apartments of various sizes.
It is easy to travel with children in Sälen, and it has a distinct family feel. As well as its many areas and activities, there is also Experium, with such facilities as a water park, indoor surfing, SPA, cinema and several restaurants.
We do this to save energy for the sake of the environment:
– Are partners in Dala Vind AB and Dala Vindkraft economic association which builds, sells and runs its own wind turbines.
-Together with other investors, we have built a thermal power station in Lindvallen and one in Tandådalen, Sälen, to meet the energy needs of our facilities.
– Replace physical meetings with telephone, online and video conferencing meetings to reduce the number of journeys between our destinations.
– Follow up the carbon emissions resulting from our operations and work long term to be able to reduce them.
– Allow new lodgings to be built by local building companies with locally sourced recyclable materials.
– Build as far as possible new lodgings in so-called ski-in ski-out sites, which results in less transportation at the destinations.