Welcome to the Wood Be Better’s event on the 28th of January, where topics such as the importance of renewable materials in construction and how to include benefits associated with carbon storage will be discussed.
The President of the European Commission is highlighting it, the Commission’s Renovation Wave Communication as well. Wood and its decisive contribution in greening our buildings are making its way into the core of EU policy discussions.
The event is hosted by Erik Bergkvist, Member of European Parliament (S&D), member of the REGI Committee and substitute in the BUDG and ITRE Committees.
- Peter Handley, Head of Unit Energy Intensive Industries and Raw Materials, Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, European Commission: The role of wood construction in EU policy going forward
- Stefan Lindbäck, CEO, Lindbäck’s Group; At Lindbäck’s, we already walk the talk!
- Paul Brannen, Director of Public Affairs, CEI-Bois, Increased wood use in the EU building stock – an important contribution in reaching multiple European Green Deal objectives
- Discussion with the speakers, moderated by Anna Holmberg, Head of Brussels Office, Swedish Forest Industries
Perspectives to be discussed
- How to address the special role and importance of renewable materials in construction?
- How to design criteria for a robust and transparent carbon accounting method to monitor and verify the emissions associated with materials and construction processes?
- How to include benefits associated with carbon storage?
- How to incentivize the utilization of wood as a construction material?
- How to assure contribution from wood construction in the New European Bauhaus initiative?