Bioendev– The Biocoal Company, was founded in 2007 and is based on years of research around torrefaction and gasification at Umeå University Sweden. Since the start the company has developed an energy- cost-efficient and reliable torrefaction technology for maximum yield and product quality. The company has a strong patent portfolio focusing on process control.
During 2016 Bioendev commissioned the largest torrefaction facility in Scandinavia, the Industrial Demonstration Unit (IDU), with a capacity of 16 000 tons/year in order to prove the torrefaction technology in commercial scale. The produced Black Pellets are now available for large industry production tests and Bioendev has reached a position where the technique is commercially viable for large industry production. The strategic purpose is to deliver the market’s most cost-effective torrefaction facilities together with EPC-partners through Greenfield or Conversion of existing pellets facilities.
– Conversion of existing white pellet plants together with EPC partners
– Turnkey torrefaction plants for commercial production
– Industrial demonstrations of cost efficient torrefaction techniques at the Industrial Demonstration Unit
– Large test batches of Black Pellets from our Industrial Demonstration Unit
– Pilot plant in operation for R&D projects in torrefaction and gasification
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
– Conversion projects of white pellet industrial production units
– Commercial Green field projects
– Customers of Black Pellets
– Project partners and financial partners
Category/ Waste, Forestry, Bioeconomy, Clean Energy, Investments and Startups